Bar Staff Position
Twisted Spike brewing is known for it's great tasting beer and amazing customer service. At the Spike, it's all about having an incredible craft beer experience that makes people want to come back again and again!
*Providing excellent customer service through beer knowledge while guiding customers in beer choices. You are their craft beer counselor.
*Operating our Point of Sale system very efficiently and accurately even during fast and hectic times. Must know enough math to be able to balance the drawer at the end of the shift.
*Serving draft beers with trained methods with little loss and in proper glassware. Also serving wine, cider, non alcoholic sodas, and packaged beers to customers, while including making to-go sales suggestions.
*Selling Merchandise to customers and helping them with their sizes and choices
*Being able to monitor inventory of packaged beer in our front-line refrigerator and change kegs in cold room
*Being able to fill growlers, clean bar tops, tables, chairs, glassware, and maintain a clean workspace while on duty.
*Following all opening and closing tasks so the taproom always maintains a clean and comfortable space for our guests
The people we hire have these qualities:
*Hold an ABLE Permit or are able to get one ( required)
*Always arrive to work ON TIME
*Can easily work with others on our team and engage with customers while working
*Likes and knows BEER (duh!)
*Previous bartending or brewery experience (preferred)
*Knows that customers are the priority
*Can move a full Keg
*Willing to work on the brewery side if ever needed
REPORTS TO: Brewmaster
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Part-Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
The Cellar Person position is primarily responsible for cellaring operations (racking, filtering, tank cleaning) and packaging operations (canning and kegging), and will also assist in the brewhouse (milling, brewing, maintaining brewhouse equipment) for a growing craft brewery. This role is a part time position that will very likely become full time.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
• Possess a team-first attitude and understand the need to be a self-starter
• Have basic mechanical skills and the ability to operate machinery, including packaging lines and forklifts
• Maintain organization, discipline, be detail oriented with the ability to multitask
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Willingness to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
• Communicate efficiently with team and customers
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Above all….truthfulness
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
• Transferring, filtering, and cellaring beer
• Cleaning, maintaining, and sanitizing tanks, equipment, and Brewery (CIP/SIP)
• Cleans and performs preventative maintenance on facilities and equipment as assigned
• Assists in and performs essential warehousing functions
• Yeast harvest, pitching and health management
• Operating on a canning line
• Packaging beer into kegs
• Monitoring fermentations and running quality checks
• Cross-training on the brewhouse
• Contributing ideas and recipes for both our main system and our pilot system
• Maintaining accurate records
• Abiding by safety rules and regulations
• Possessing a willingness to learn, take direction, and work collaboratively
• Serving as a Brand Ambassador. As a representative, you’ll be expected to carry yourself in a professional manner at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk: climb; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 55 pounds. Specific abilities in this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Submit resumes to email@example.com